- 1 Fedora Marketing Activity Days 2010
- 1.1 Logistics
- 1.2 Attendees
- 1.3 Agenda
- 1.4 Budget
- 1.5 FAQ
- 1.6 Media
Fedora Marketing Activity Days 2010
The mktg-FAD 2010 is an event intended to plan the marketing' activities in 2010 and to have some fun together.
We will be meeting for 4 days. The dates are Saturday, March 13, 2010 - Tuesday, March 16, 2010. Out-of-towners will fly in Friday, March 12.
We will be meeting in Raleigh, NC.
If you can host visitors, list yourself here, and what you can provide (should guests bring a pillow? certain gender? only couches available? parking? pets? how far are you from the RH office?)
Ride Sharing / Car Pooling
Please fill in your details .
|#|| FAS Name &
|1||Mel Chua||yes||yes||day, time||after end||Boston, MA (...mostly)|
|2||Henrik Heigl||yes||yes||day, time||day, time||Germany|
|3||Ryan Rix||yes||yes||day, time||day, time||Phoenix, AZ|
|4||robyn bergeron||yes||yes||day, time||day, time||Flagstaff, AZ|
|6||Kara Schiltz||yes||???||???||???||Raleigh, NC|
|7||Pascal Calarco||no||no||remote||remote||South Bend, IN|
|8||Paul W. Frields||yes||yes||day, time||day, time||Fredericksburg, VA|
|9||John Poelstra||??||??||??||??|| Portland, OR ; interested--|
like idea of western states!
|10||Rahul Sundaram||Yes||Yes||??||??||Anywhere in US is probably a 20 hour flight. So make it useful is all I can say!|
|11||Ben Williams||YES||Yes||??||??||Blacksburg, VA tenative|
|12||Russell Harrison||no||Yes||??||??||Raleigh, NC tenative|
For blogs, signatures and the like: buttons! -> later work for artwork ;-)
Other Things we need
- place to sleep
- place for work
We have four days scheduled for working.
Day 1 (Saturday, March 13)
Strategy and Research. Owner is robyn bergeron. This day will be used for:
- Discussing market research data results from upcoming Fedora users survey
- Looking at short-term and long-term strategy, life cycle
- Revisiting the Marketing Plan
- Reviewing F12 process, successes etc.
Part of the morning will also likely be used for introductions, figuring out internet access for people, generally getting settled, etc.
Day 2 (Sunday, March 14)
Day 3 (Monday, March 15)
Interviews and filming.
Day 4 (Tuesday, March 16)
The list below is just the collection of items we will discuss about and does not say anything about the time or order they're discussed about.
- F12 - what did we do there
- F13 - how far we are
- Start of release cycle
- Start of release cycle
- upcoming releases
- build up an press and picture archive
- everything else
=> goal: have a big picture of a possible marketing plan we could use during Fedora cycles.
- How about something like a conference-Package, T-Shirt or basecap or some other kind of "reminder" of that event? ... maybe there are some RH Backpacks (max carring around some nice ones ;-) ) or other bags laying around in some office with some cool nice tiny black notebooks and some pens with laserpointer or so in it <- makes a nice package ?!
- make some pictures for the picturebook (photoshooting -> theme)
depends on where we are (e.g. springbreak, bikeweek, etc.)
- how to write press releases
- overview over PR in Opensource (talk from Henrik Heigl ).
- Fedora Handbook - Rahul Sundaram
We have a $3k budget for this FAD.
|Name||Coming from||Budget needed||Flight constraints||Status|
|Mel Chua||PIT (coming from another conference)||$200||leave PIT 5pm March 12, return PIT anytime||pending approval|
|Your name||Your location||Approximate cost of plane ticket (overestimate, pls)||What's the earliest you can leave and the latest you can return?||pending approval|
|Roommate 1||Roommate 2||Check-in||Check-out|
|Mel Chua||NEEDS A ROOMMATE!||3/12 (Fri)||3/17 (Wed)|
- Rental car?
- How many days do we have for work?
- some leisure day? ideas for the fun parts...
Here is a Place where anybody can place the media from the Event (Blogentrys, press texts, flickr Photostream, etc.). If your BlogEntry or Photo is missing here, please add it.