Meeting:APAC Ambassadors 2012-01-07
- 2012-01-07 04:00 UTC Click here to convert to local time
- #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net
- Meetings go for just over one hour, but sometimes go longer.
- Luke Martinez, asmartgoat
- Heherson Pagcaliwagan, azneita
- Engels Antonio, born2linux
- Ankur Sinha, FranciscoD
- Haowei Lee, Haowei
- Harish Pillay, harishpillay
- Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail, KageSenshi
- Caius Chance, Kaio
- Moniruzzaman Monir, kalpurush
- Magie Antonio, magie
- Mahay Alam Khan, maktrix
- Sureshkumar Packiyarajah, Suresht
- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna, udinnet
- Abhishek Singh, aks
- Shakthi Kannan, mbuf
- as well as other great ambassadors!!! :)
- Please follow IRC Meeting Protocol and guidelines
- Try using the MeetBot commands and more MeetBot commands
Your name, Where your located, etc.
- For example ".fas dramsey My name is dramsey, from Japan and I use Fedora 15 from a DVD and Fedora 16 from an .ISO."
News from FAmSCo
- We will skip this topic if there is no news from FAmSCo or a FAmSCo representative
Review *ACTION* items from the last meeting
APAC Trac for regional support
- Next APAC FUDCon 2012[likely it will happen['China' or 'Malayisia' or 'Philippines']]
- FAD/LCA/Meet Up/Fedora awareness
- Report of past Events & current Status of upcoming events
Fedora Events Please Note: It is best to have evidence in your event report.[ie:photos+blog post]
Status of F16 Release Parties
- Fedora 16 Release Events! - Fedora 16 Release Events!
- Talk about Media, Swag, Sticker and other needs as well as media distribution. ==> helps Harish and Kaio with Fedora 16 planning
- Fedora 16 - Add your requests here at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/F16
- Locally created media / swag as an option? ==> strongly suggests inquiry on funding your initiatives FAmSCo Trac
- Use that Fedora "This is free media" form during sending of media between countries to avoid the tax problem.
- What would be useful for you? Item and quantity!!!
- Nice graphic at EMEA on F15 Shipping
- Fedora 16 Ambassadors Team Tasks
- Review and plan your Fedora 16 needs, for example media, swag and anything else.
Status of F17 Release Parties
- Fedora 17 Release Events! - Fedora 17 Release Events!
- Review and plan your Fedora 17 needs, for example media, swag and anything else.
- FAmSCo and Regional teams call for Preparation of Media/SWAG by Thu 2012-03-08
- Hold Release Events and Publish Event Reports Tue 2012-05-08
APAC plans for 2012(Suresh)
- Great event for Beefy Miracle[F17] and F18.
- Prize for best Event photo.
- Announcing open source computation among the university students.
- Year end Ambassadors report.
Red Hat information training for Ambassadors (dramsey)
- Developing our fellow Ambassadors not just APAC but all regions with Red Hat information training. ==> dramsey need support from FAmSCo
- Continuing communications with Fedora Ambassadors' on EC
- FYI Study Group URL from herlo at System Administration Study Guide
- Sysadmin Study Group
- Who is interested in getting certified? ==> dramsey strongly suggests doing so
- Your voiced needs!!!
- 04:43:49 tuanta interested
- 04:44:05 LMartinez is also interested
- 04:44:12 <Suresh> +1 from Suresh
- 04:44:21 <udinnet> I really like to get RHCSA crt. I worked in it few moths.
- 04:44:25 <maktrix> +1 from me too
- 04:44:37 <LMartinez> RHCSA would be the choice for me
- 04:45:08 <maktrix> RHCE is good for me to start with
- Your voiced needs!!!
- Survey http://lk.fedoracommunity.org/fam_rh_certification
- Results https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aplp6tv7mdWBdEVGRlJNY0dKQkp2bUJKbEJlVEtpOGc#gid=0
- FUDCon Blacksburg: System Administrator Study Group http://sexysexypenguins.com/2011/12/26/fudcon-blacksburg-system-administrator-study-group/
- An idea from azneita Heherson - http://www.khanacademy.org/
Ambassadors' survey followup(ankursinha)
- Any Ideas that you have in your mind?
- Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-01-07/apac.2012-01-07-04.01.html
- Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-01-07/apac.2012-01-07-04.01.txt
- Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-01-07/apac.2012-01-07-04.01.log.html
- Log (Text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-01-07/apac.2012-01-07-04.01.log.txt
- See Next Meeting for the next meeting date and time.