This will be a social event to meet other Fedora users and people curious about Fedora from Novi Sad and Serbia in general, and check out the cool features of the new Fedora 37 release. It will also serve as an opportunity for people to find out what Fedora and Free software in general is all about and ask questions of people already involved in the community. It is also a opportunity for students of Department of Mathematics and Informatics of Faculty of Science in Novi Sad to learn about Fedora and open-source principles and how can they get involved with FOSS/Fedora.
- 11th December 2022 - 13:00h
Department of Mathematics and Informatics
Faculty of Sciences
University of Novi Sad
Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3
21000 Novi Sad
- Installation media should be available to those that would like to get Fedora or upgrade to Fedora 37.
- A couple of presentations about Fedora and FOSS in general
- Socializing with other Fedora enthusiasts over lunch and snacks.
- Q & A session
Nemanja Milosevic, Fedora Ambassador
Nataša Sukur, teaching assistant at the Faculty of Sciences
Momcilo Medic, Fedora Ambassador
Dušan Simić, student at the Faculty of Sciences
dr Danijela Tešendić, associate professor at the Faculty of Sciences
dr Doni Pracner, assistant professor at the Faculty of Sciences
Ambassadors at the event
subject to minor changes
- 13:00 - Welcome!
- 13:00 - 13:30 "What is new in Fedora 37" - Nemanja Milosevic
- 13:30 - 14:00 "Toolbox: a tool for modern developers" - Dušan Simić
- 14:00 - 14:30 "The Inconvenience of Browsing the Web: Cookies and Other Temptations" - Doni Pracner
- 14:30 - 15:30 Lunch break
- 15:30 - 16:00 "Programming is mostly debugging: A short essay about the value of using Erlang for modeling long living online systems" - Igor Šarčević
- 16:00 - 16:30 "Your Low-cost Home Lab (Jeftina kućna laboratorija)" - Momcilo Medic
- 16:30 - 17:00 Coffee break
- 17:00 - Fedora/Linux Q&A, Closing session