Getting sponsored to the packager group
The packager group consists of volunteers that manage the Fedora packages.
Before requesting sponsorship to the packager group, please ensure that you have a user page on the wiki (create an FAS account, log in to the wiki using your FAS account, and go to wiki/User:<your FAS username>)
Packagers should have:
- a good understanding of the Free Software Philosophy.
- a good understanding of the Fedora community's philosophy.
- a good understanding of the Fedora community's code of conduct.
- a good understanding of how source code is licensed.
- a good understanding of the packaging guidelines.
- a good understanding of the package review process.
- a good understanding of the package maintainer policies.
- a good understanding of how rpms are built.
We are not expected to know them by heart, but we should have a general understanding of these bits, and know where to look them up when needed. My task as a sponsor is to help you learn these concepts, the skills, and the tools needed to contribute to the community as a package maintainer.
You should also subscribe to the devel mailing list where most discussion regarding packages and tooling occurs. It is your responsibility to keep yourself up to date with the changes in the community.
You can be sponsored to the group in a variety of ways. Please read this page to learn how.
Colleagues that I have sponsored
I have sponsored these colleagues. Please contact me for any queries regarding their contributions.
|Name||Date sponsored||How sponsored|
|Manas Mangaonkar||2019-02-05||As co-maintainer of pystache|
|Jim Campbell||2019-02-08||As co-maintainer of gnote|