|Line 115:||Line 115:|
| Sample User
| Sample User
Revision as of 11:20, 20 February 2010
|Thu February 18, 2010||ALL DAY||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on color management.
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test with your system and provide feedback.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion...
What's needed to test
- A system with a monitor, and the monitor ICC/ICM profile (also known incorrectly as the driver) for it
- Rawhide (tips on installing Rawhide below), or a nightly live image with
- The latest version of gnome-color-manager for f13. This may change throughout the test day. Latest builds will be listed here: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=9627, or latest packages based from git master will be available here: http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/12/i386/
- Please don't use the nvidia closed source xorg driver. It won't work correctly as xrandr 1.3 isn't supported yet. Switch to using nouveau if you want to run these tests.
Optional extra hardware
- A scanner or webcam and a pre-printed reference color target like these
- A printer
- A colorimeter - like the Pantone Huey
How to test?
Update your machine
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide. Or:
Optionally, you may download a non-destructive Rawhide live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD. Live images can be found here. Make sure to install the
package after booting the live image.
Follow each of these test cases that are possible with the hardware you have available:
- QA:Testcase colormanagement delete profile
Report your results
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla usually for the component gnome-color-manager. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should describe the hardware (monitor, and optionally printer, scanner and colorimeter) you used to test. For each test case, if your system worked correctly, simply enter the word PASS. If you had trouble, enter the word FAIL, with a footnote indicator, and put a link to the bug report in the References column (as in the example line). For tests you could not perform, enter a dash.
|User||Hardware tested||Apply profile||Apply vendor||Create monitor||Create webcam/scanner||Delete profile||References|
|Adam Williamson||Acer AL2016W / Acer X203w / Rocketfish webcam 19ff:0103 / HP ScanJet 2100c||PASS||PASS||N/A||FAIL||FAIL|
|dramsey||Benq FP951 / Dell E198WFP||PASS||Fail, see reference ||PASS ||N/A ||Update Status |
|Aioanei Rares||Philips 170S / Microsoft LifeCam||Update Status PASS||Update Status N/A||N/A ||N/A ||Update Status |
|Nomad-71||Nec MultiSync LCD2470wnx||Update Status PASS||Update Status PASS||N/A ||N/A ||Update Status |
|Vlad||Philips 190B5||PASS||Drag'n'Drop fail, Import button - ok.||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|qux||Samsung 971P||PASS||FAIL||N/A ||N/A ||N/A |
Used gnome-color-manager-2.29.4-0.1.20100218git.fc14.x86_64 and xcalib-0.8-7.fc12.x86_64
|Sample User||Sample Hardware entry||Sample Status||Sample Status||Sample Status||Sample Status ||Sample Status |