This page records desktop validation testing test results for the Fedora (VERSION) (PRE-RELEASE) release.
How to test
- Download the disk images for testing: please use the disk image, or the nightly disk images for the desktop you wish to test. Testing for all four major desktop environments is required for each test point.
- Copy image to media for testing.
- Perform one or more of the test cases and add your results to the table below.
- If a test fails, file a bug report. If the bug is in the default desktop, propose the bug as a blocker for the appropriate release (see blocker bug process). If the bug is in any other desktop, propose it as a freeze exception bug for the appropriate release (see freeze exception bug process).
- Don't install updates before performing any of the tests, as the updates available come from updates-testing and are not part of the proposed released package set. For this reason, we recommend leaving the update installation test for last.
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to any current documents that use this template (e.g. Architectures/ARM/Quality Assurance/F19-TC3-Desktop validation results)
- Lastly, update QA:Desktop validation results template with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
|Test Result||Explanation||Code Entered|
|Untested - This test has not been run, and is available for anyone to contribute feedback.|
|Passed - The test has been run and the tester determine the test met the expected results|
|Inprogress - An inprogress result is often used for tests that take a long time to execute. Inprogress results should be temporary and change to pass, fail or warn.|
|Failed - Indicates a failed test. A link to a bug must be provided. See Template:Result for details on providing bug information.|
|||Warning - This test completed and met the expected results of the test, but other issues were encountered during testing that warrant attention.
|Multiple results - More people can easily provide results to a single test case.|
|Result from previous test run - This test result is directly moved from the test run of previous <build>.|
|Unsupported - An unsupported test or configuration. No testing is required.|
|Release Level||Test Case||Desktop||KDE||References|
Non release-blocking desktops
|Release Level||Test Case||Xfce||LXDE||MATE||Cinnamon||Sugar||GNOME Classic||References|
|Alpha||QA:Testcase_desktop_browser||File download in sugar locks up browser.|