- 1 Meeting Time
- 2 Participants
- 3 Meeting Protocol
- 4 Agenda
- 4.1 Ambassador Pinging
- 4.2 News from FAmSCo
- 4.3 Review *ACTION* items from the last meeting
- 4.4 APAC events
- 4.5 Status of F16 Release Parties
- 4.6 APAC plans for 2012 (Suresh)
- 4.7 Red Hat information training for Ambassadors (dramsey)
- 4.8 Classroom (bckurera)
- 4.9 APAC Events and Meeting tracker(bckurera)
- 4.10 Open Floor
- 5 Participants
- 6 Transcript
- 7 Summary
- 8 Next Meeting
- 2011-11-26 04:00 UTC Click here to convert to local time
- #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net
- Meetings go for just over one hour, but sometimes go longer.
- Luke Martinez, asmartgoat
- Heherson Pagcaliwagan, azneita
- Engels Antonio, born2linux
- Ankur Sinha, FranciscoD
- Haowei Lee, Haowei
- Harish Pillay, harishpillay
- Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail, KageSenshi
- Caius Chance, Kaio
- Moniruzzaman Monir, kalpurush
- Magie Antonio, magie
- Mahay Alam Khan, maktrix
- Sureshkumar Packiyarajah, Suresht
- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna, udinnet
- Abhishek Singh, aks
- Shakthi Kannan, mbuf
- as well as other great ambassadors!!! :)
- Please follow IRC Meeting Protocol and guidelines
- Try using the MeetBot commands and more MeetBot commands
Your name, Where your located, etc.
- For example ".fas dramsey My name is dramsey, from Japan and I use Fedora 15 from a DVD and Fedora 16 from an .ISO."
News from FAmSCo
- We will skip this topic if there is no news from FAmSCo or a FAmSCo representative
Review *ACTION* items from the last meeting
- Next APAC FUDCon 2012[likely it will happen['China' or 'Malayisia' or 'Philippines']]
- FAD/LCA/Meet Up/Fedora awareness
- Report of past Events & current Status of upcoming events
Fedora Events Please Note: It is best to have evidence in your event report.[ie:photos+blog post]
Status of F16 Release Parties
- Fedora 16 Release Events! - Fedora 16 Release Events!
- Talk about Media, Swag, Sticker and other needs as well as media distribution. ==> helps Harish and Kaio with Fedora 16 planning
- Fedora 16 - Add your requests here at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/F16
- Locally created media / swag as an option? ==> strongly suggests inquiry on funding your initiatives FAmSCo Trac
- Use that Fedora "This is free media" form during sending of media between countries to avoid the tax problem.
- What would be useful for you? Item and quantity!!!
- Nice graphic at EMEA on F15 Shipping
- Fedora 16 Ambassadors Team Tasks
- Review and plan your Fedora 16 needs, for example media, swag and anything else.
APAC plans for 2012 (Suresh)
- There will be two fedora release(f17 and f18) so we have to schedule two major events for the particular release.
- Year end Ambassadors report.
- announcing open source computation among the university students level and select first place from every region and let them participate for next APAC FUDCon 2012.
- Pinging inactive ambassadors.
Red Hat information training for Ambassadors (dramsey)
- Developing our fellow Ambassadors not just APAC but all regions with Red Hat information training. ==> dramsey need support from FAmSCo
- FYI Study Group URL from herlo at System Administration Study Guide
- Who is interested in getting certified? ==> dramsey strongly suggests doing so
This topic will be marked active as soon as there is a progress.
*# Discussion on the classroom initiative by bckurera https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bckurera/The_FAms_Way ==> bckurera
APAC Events and Meeting tracker(bckurera)
- An initiative to have more events and effective meetings with more participation in APAC region.
- Any Ideas that you have in your mind?
- Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-26/apac.2011-11-26-03.58.log.html
- Log (Text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-26/apac.2011-11-26-03.58.log.txt
- Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-26/apac.2011-11-26-03.58.html
- Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-11-26/apac.2011-11-26-03.58.txt
- See APAC Meeting Minutes for the next meeting date and time.