|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on internationalization support in desktop applications
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development -
Prerequisite for Test Day
- One or more keyboards with different layouts.
- Bare metal or virtual machine.
- Usb key, a virtualized guest or a burned CD/DVD with the test image
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- F-17-Alpha.
- You may download a non-destructive Fedora 17 live image for your architecture. The specific live image for I18N tests can be found here. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 17 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- QA:Inscript2 Keymaps
- QA:Indic Unicode 6 test page
- QA:Gnome Input Method Integration IBus
- QA:Intelligent Pinyin
- QA:Font Configuration Tool
- QA:Langpack PackageKit Application
- QA:Langpack Yum Application
- QA:Testcase i18n browsers
- QA:Testcase i18n font application
- QA:Testcase i18n input application
- QA:Testcase i18n input method
- QA:Testcase i18n ibus input
Nice to test
Bugs you might hit or additional situations that are nice to test:
- no default IMEs set for Asian users
- no default keymap selected for language, even login to local language
- ibus shortcut key doesn't work
- Enable email@example.com extension -> Enable or disable doesn't work with Hangul Key
- After doing "ctrl+space", ibus tray icon freezes/ibus is not working with Ctrl+Space
- [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=796070 run ibus-setup produces IBUS-CRITICAL ** Traceback.\
- Glyph '1' not the same width as other numerals (liberation-fonts)
- liberations-sans italic and bold italic contain wrong shape at U+0438 and U+0439
- Problems with glyphs Ѝ (U+040D) for Bulgarian language (Problems with glyphs Ѝ (U+040D) for Bulgarian language)
- [Indic New Indic Rupee symbol not populated correctly]
- [indic konsole does not display Indic text correctly]
- iok crashed while selecting 'xkb-Malayalam (enhanced Inscript with Rupee Sign)'
- [kn_IN 0CB0 + 200D + 0CCD + 0C95+ 0CBE consonant is wrongly rendering]
- [te_IN Lohit font has different glyph shape for * character (used for password characters)]
- [as_IN Position and joint of 'ু', 'ূ', 'ৃ' in letters not correct]
- [mr Marathi needs changes in Devanagari glyphs]
- Lohit Malayalam font does not have support for 0D4E MALAYALAM LETTER DOT REPH
- No group named Chinese-Support exists
- Changing language to Chinese(P.R. of China) results in Chinese(Hong Kong)
- Need to update Rupee symbol for locale file (hi_IN)
- (ml_IN) default font size with all libreoffice GUI (translated) is small as compared to gnome application
- (All langs) gtkhtml-editor-WARNING **:zh-CN: No such language
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla. For instance file a bug report against the component firefox if you have problems testing the Firefox Web Browser. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to the Smolt profile of the system you tested. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.
|User||Typing Booster||Inscript2||Indic Unicode 6||GNOME IM integration||Pinyin||Font Configuration Tool||Eekboard||Langpack PackageKit||Langpack Yum||browsers||font application||input application||input method||ibus input||Nice to Test||References|
|sandeeps||--||--||fixes for RHBZ #766493 works for me|
|Krishnababu||RHBZ #718949 Both gdm and root user authentication dialog boxes have same size *.|