This page is intended to record QA:Fedora_15_Install_Test_Plan test results for the Fedora 15 RC1 milestone.
This page tracks test results against the Fedora 15 RC1 build. Test results against other Fedora 15 milestones can be found at Category:Fedora_15_Test_Results. The explanation of test case priority is available at QA:Fedora_15_Install_Test_Plan#Test_Priority.
What To Test
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- download the required ISO images.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 15 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- Delta_ISOs are available for install images, either by BitTorrent or direct download. If you have the install DVD image for the previous TC/RC (or in the case of Alpha TC1, the previous stable release), you can generate both current install discs (DVD and netinst) with greatly reduced download size.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, general discussion ...
- IRC: #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net
- Quality Assurance - User:Rhe, User:Robatino, User:Hongqing, User:jlaska
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to test list.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to this document
- Finally, update QA:Fedora_15_Install_Results_Template with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
|Test Results Format|
|Test Result||Explanation||Code Entered|
||Untested - This test has not been run, and is available for anyone to contribute feedback.|| |
||Passed - The test has been run and the tester determine the test met the expected results|| |
|Inprogress - An inprogress result is often used for tests that take a long time to execute. Inprogress results should be temporary and change to pass, fail or warn.|| |
|Failed - Indicates a failed test. A link to a bug must be provided. See Template:Result for details on providing bug information.|| |
||| Warning - This test completed and met the expected results of the test, but other issues were encountered during testing that warrant attention.
|Multiple results - More people can easily provide results to a single test case.|| |
|| Result from previous test run - This test result is directly moved from previous test run.
||Unsupported - An unsupported test or configuration. No testing is required.|
Please click [show] in each table to view the tests of each media installation, and click  to post your test results using the syntax in Key Section.
- netinst images are larger than ISO header indicates - see RHBZ #585006
- RHBZ #676551
- firstboot runs, but ordinary user account is not created - not sure if it's reproducible, didn't see on x86_64 but X crashed after firstboot
- RHBZ #679348
- RHBZ #677773
- RHBZ #679466
- RHBZ #679709 - Unable to retrieve ftp repository unless adding a http repo first
- live images are larger than ISO header indicates - see RHBZ #585006
- Only test desktop iso
- RHBZ #680542
- text-mode firstboot setup tried to run, but overwrote systemd bootup messages and it wasn't possible to interact with it.
- RHBZ #677080
- Unlike graphical install, no way to avoid enabling network interface (so install is impossible without a network, even from the DVD)
- RHBZ #678150
- RHBZ #676821
- RHBZ #678413
- RHBZ #680016
- RHBZ #677218
- i386 install.log for default install: http://fpaste.org/bL33/
- x86_64 install.log for default install: http://fpaste.org/wrkr/
- i386 install.log for minimal install: http://fpaste.org/iRFY/
- x86_64 install.log for minimal install: http://fpaste.org/5ETY/
- RHBZ #676968
- RHBZ #677131
- RHBZ #677953
- Failed in one of my guests
- RHBZ #678081
- RHBZ #676815
- RHBZ #678321
- systemd in DVD is systemd-17-5, should be fixed in -6