(Redirected from SIGs/Haskell)
The mission of the Haskell Special Interest Group is to maintain, grow, and guide the packaging of Haskell projects in Fedora.
We have two mailing-lists:
- haskell (archives) for general discussion
- haskell-devel (archives) for bugzilla traffic.
We have an #fedora-haskell[?] channel on libera.chat.
There are biweekly office hours in IRC #fedora-haskell: check the SIGs calendar and our mailing-list for details.
Follow us on Twitter.
GHC and Stackage LTS versions
- F35/F36 has ghc-8.10.5 and Stackage LTS 18
- F35/F36 also has ghc8.10-8.10.7, ghc9.0-9.0.2 and ghc9.2-9.2.2
- F34 has ghc-8.8.4 and Stackage LTS 16
- F34 also has ghc8.10-8.10.7 and ghc9.0-9.0.2
- EPEL9 will have ghc-8.10.7
- EPEL8 currently has ghc-8.2.2, but update planned to ghc-8.4.4
- EPEL7 has ghc-7.6.3 and haskell-platform-2013.2.0.0
See Haskell_Stackage_LTS and Haskell_Platform for older releases.
See Haskell_GHC_LLVM for llvm version requirements.
The following module streams are currently available for current Fedora releases:
- ghc:9.2 (9.2.1)
- ghc:9.0 (9.0.1)
- ghc:8.10 (8.10.7)
- ghc:8.8 (8.8.4)
but it is recommended to use the main ghcX.Y packages instead now (listed above).
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/haskell-language-server/ (1.5.1)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/cabal-install/ (3.4.1)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/pandoc/ (2.11.4)
Coprs for EPEL 7
For newer versions of ghc you can use the following:
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-8.6.5/ (includes cabal-install-2.4.1)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-8.4.4/ (includes cabal-install-2.2)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-8.2.2/ (includes cabal-install-2.0 and epel6)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-8.0.2/ (includes cabal-install-1.24)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-7.10.3/ (includes cabal-install-1.22 and epel6)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/ghc-7.8.4/ (includes cabal-install-1.18 and epel6)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/stack/ (1.9.3)
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/petersen/idris/ (1.3.1)
If you have Fedora Haskell libraries installed which are not part of ghc, you will need to remove them all first (easiest just to remove ghc-base) to avoid package dependency conflicts
- add cabal-install3.6
- help improve
- document ghc and package update workflow (GHC_Update_SOP)
- package larger subset of LTS in Copr
New Package Process
- Please use cabal-rpm to generate packages for submitting a package review request.
- It should follow the current Haskell Packaging Guidelines.
- Please add
email@example.com the CC list for your review request bug.
- You can use
cabal-rpm diffwhen reviewing packages to check differences from the templates.
- New packages can optionally be added to https://release-monitoring.org/ to track Stackage (or Hackage if not in Stackage).
"ghc" or "haskell" package reviews
- Closed haskell-devel package reviews
- Old Haskell-pkg-reviews tracker is no longer used
(Previously we tracked package review requests CC to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Open haskell-devel package reviews which are split into
- New unassigned reviews (bit.ly/fedora-haskell-new-reviews2)
- Ongoing assigned reviews
- Assigned reviews
- Approved open reviews (fedora-review+)
- NotReady stalled reviews
Non-review bugs can be split into:
- All open URM bugs (saved as haskell-available)
- Untriaged URM bugs (saved as haskell-available:untriaged)
- Triaged no missing deps (saved as haskell-available:ok)
- Triaged missing deps (saved as haskell-available:deps)
- Package bugs
- Tracker for libraries with no revdeps
- ghc bugs not CC haskell-sig
See also the package review links in the Packaging section.
Active packagers and package maintainers:
- Ricky Elrod
- Ben Boeckel
- Michel Salim
- Shakthi Kannan
- Lakshmi Narasimhan T V
- 2022-04 : Fedora 36 ships with ghcX.Y parallel installable packages
- 2021-11-02: Fedora 35 ships with ghc-8.10.5 and Stackage LTS 18
- 2020-10-27: Fedora 33 ships with ghc-8.8.4 and Stackage LTS 16
- 2020-04-28: Fedora 32 ships Stackage LTS 14 package versions
- 2019-10-28: Fedora 31 ships with ghc-8.6.5, Stackage LTS 13 packages, and prof and doc subpackages
- 2019-04-30: Fedora 30 ships with ghc-8.4.4 and Stackage LTS 12
- 2018-10-30: Fedora 29 ships Stackage LTS 11 package versions
- 2018-05-01: Fedora 28 ships with ghc-8.2.2 and Stackage LTS 10
- 2017-07-11: Fedora 26 ships with ghc-8.0.2 and Stackage LTS 8
- 2016-11-22: Fedora 25 ships with ghc-7.10.3
- 2015-05-26: Fedora 22 ships with ghc-7.8.4
- 2013-12-17: Fedora 20 ships with ghc-7.6.3 and packages following the revised Packaging Guidelines
- 2013-07-02: Fedora 19 ships with ghc-7.4.2
- 2013-01-15: Fedora 18 ships with ghc-7.4.1
- 2012-05-29: Fedora 17 ships with Haskell Platform 2011.4.0.0
- 2012-02-14: new haskell mailing-list for discussion
- 2011-11-08: Fedora 16 ships with ghc-7.0.4 and all prof subpackages merged into devel
- 2011-06-01: Fedora 15 ships with ghc-7.0.2
- 2010-12-05: Fedora packages now listed on http://hackage.haskell.org
- 2010-11-02: Fedora 14 ships: all doc subpackages merged into devel
- 2010-05-25: Fedora 13 ships with ghc-6.12.1 and shared ghc libraries
- 2010-01-10: fedora-haskell-list becomes haskell-devel list at fedoraproject
- 2009-09-29: haskell-platform added for f12
- 2009-04-15: revised Packaging Guidelines accepted
- 2008-09-17: initial Packaging Guidelines approved
- 2008-02-13: fedora-haskell-list started
- 2007-05-10: Fedora SIG formed
- 2005-02-21: email@example.com mailing-list starts
- 2004-08-03: original Fedora Haskell project starts