This page is intended to record QA:Fedora_18_Install_Test_Plan test results for the Fedora 18 Beta RC1 milestone.
This page tracks test results against the Fedora 18 Beta RC1 build. Test results against other Fedora 18 milestones can be found at Category:Fedora_18_Test_Results. The explanation of test case priority is available at QA:Fedora_18_Install_Test_Plan#Test_Priority.
What To Test
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- download the required ISO images.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 18 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- Delta_ISOs for install images are available here. If you have the install DVD image for the previous TC/RC (or in the case of Alpha TC1, the previous stable release), you can generate both current install discs (DVD and netinst) with greatly reduced download size.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, general discussion ...
- IRC: #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net
- Quality Assurance - User:Robatino, User:Hongqing,User:adamwill, User:wutao85
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to test list.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to this document
- Finally, update QA:Fedora_18_Install_Results_Template with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
|Test Results Format|
|Test Result||Explanation||Code Entered|
|Untested - This test has not been run, and is available for anyone to contribute feedback.|
|Passed - The test has been run and the tester determine the test met the expected results|
|Inprogress - An inprogress result is often used for tests that take a long time to execute. Inprogress results should be temporary and change to pass, fail or warn.|
|Failed - Indicates a failed test. A link to a bug must be provided. See Template:Result for details on providing bug information.|
|||Warning - This test completed and met the expected results of the test, but other issues were encountered during testing that warrant attention.
|Multiple results - More people can easily provide results to a single test case.|
|Result from previous test run - This test result is directly moved from the test run of previous <build>.|
|Unsupported - An unsupported test or configuration. No testing is required.|
Please click [show] in each table to view the tests of each media installation, and click  to post your test results using the syntax in Key Section.
|netinst.iso (boot.iso) tests|
|USB stick tests|
|PXE boot tests|
- Tested just minimal install, but I think it should work the same
- RHBZ #810112
- RHBZ #862591#c5
- soas has no liveuser
- RHBZ #879046
- 2nd (farthest right) EFI USB - MacbookPro i7 - pauses for no secure boot then boots dd usb -/ but install to 2nd usb does not boot after install
- RHBZ #878985
- mate desktop logs in to openbox only no mate desktop
- 4 minute wait for file checking "reached target basic system" no indication what is happening
- RHBZ #873103
- RHBZ #878738
- RHBZ #870586
- RHBZ #876789
- RHBZ #872844
- RHBZ #868777
- RHBZ #868558
- RHBZ #875599
- RHBZ #879187
- RHBZ #879142
- VNC+cirrus was the default, it's unusable slow and ugly, spice+qxl works well
- Fedora-18-Beta-i386-DVD.iso is only about 74 MB under the size limit
- Fedora-18-Beta-x86_64-DVD.iso is only about 157 MB under the size limit
- RHBZ #873065
- RHBZ #879290
- RHBZ #879295
- RHBZ #857523