This page is intended to record QA:Fedora_17_Install_Test_Plan test results for the Fedora 17 Final TC3 milestone.
This page tracks test results against the Fedora 17 Final TC3 build. Test results against other Fedora 17 milestones can be found at Category:Fedora_17_Test_Results. The explanation of test case priority is available at QA:Fedora_17_Install_Test_Plan#Test_Priority.
What To Test
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- download the required ISO images.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 17 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- Delta_ISOs for install images are available here. If you have the install DVD image for the previous TC/RC (or in the case of Alpha TC1, the previous stable release), you can generate both current install discs (DVD and netinst) with greatly reduced download size.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, general discussion ...
- IRC: #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net
- Quality Assurance - User:Robatino, User:Hongqing,User:adamwill, User:wutao85
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to test list.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to this document
- Finally, update QA:Fedora_17_Install_Results_Template with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
|Test Results Format|
|Test Result||Explanation||Code Entered|
|Untested - This test has not been run, and is available for anyone to contribute feedback.|
|Passed - The test has been run and the tester determine the test met the expected results|
|Inprogress - An inprogress result is often used for tests that take a long time to execute. Inprogress results should be temporary and change to pass, fail or warn.|
|Failed - Indicates a failed test. A link to a bug must be provided. See Template:Result for details on providing bug information.|
|||Warning - This test completed and met the expected results of the test, but other issues were encountered during testing that warrant attention.
|Multiple results - More people can easily provide results to a single test case.|
|Result from previous test run - This test result is directly moved from the test run of previous <build>.|
|Unsupported - An unsupported test or configuration. No testing is required.|
Please click [show] in each table to view the tests of each media installation, and click  to post your test results using the syntax in Key Section.
- image is larger than ISO header indicates
- RHBZ #816410
- VirtualBox 4.1.14 guest, get grub prompt
- RHBZ #819138
- RHBZ #819139
- RHBZ #819140
- RHBZ #818378
- RHBZ #819250
- soas-i686 TC3 l-i-t-d USB boots but unable to install
- soas-x86_64 TC3 l-i-t-d USB boots and installs
- soas-x86_64 TC3 l-i-t-d USB does not show USB on Mac Boot
- soas-x86_64 TC3 l-i-t-d USB boots with --efi added to script
- RHBZ #RHBZ 819193
- Using a TC3 desktop x86_64 HD Install-Unable to install if GPT on HD from previous TC1 install
- splash screen only no boot
- RHBZ #811412
- Boots - Did not test install on Mac
- DVD Install repo used gnome and sugar--efi added
- DVD Install repo used gnome and sugar--efi added-Did Not try install on Mac
- DVD Install repo used gnome and sugar
- no EFI USB Start Screen on Mac
- RHBZ #819151
- RHBZ #809111
- install.log for default non-networked i386 DVD install: http://fpaste.org/mxbI/
- install.log for default non-networked x86_64 DVD install: http://fpaste.org/5ZCO/
- install.log for minimal non-networked i386 DVD install: http://fpaste.org/tOV6/
- install.log for minimal non-networked x86_64 DVD install: http://fpaste.org/wAq8/
- RHBZ #809647
- RHBZ #796899