No longer current
The compose for which this page contains results is no longer the current one. This page
contains the results for the current compose.
This page records Installation validation testing test results for the Fedora 26 20170420.n.0 nightly compose.
Which tests to run
Test coverage pageThis page
provides information about test coverage for the tests on this page across all the composes for the current release: it can help you see which test cases most need to be run.
Tests with a Milestone of Basic, Beta or Final are the most important. Optional tests are less so, but still useful to run. The milestone indicates that for that milestone release or a later one to be approved for release, the test must have been run against the release candidate build (so at Beta, all Basic and Beta tests must have been run, for instance). However, it is important to run the tests for all milestones as early and often as possible. Please refer to the test coverage page linked above and try to find and run tests which have not been run at all, or not run recently, for the current release.
How to test
1. Download one or more media for testing:
2. Perform one or more of the test cases and add your results to the table below
- You can submit results by editing the page directly, or by using relval, with the
relval report-results command. It provides a simple text interface for reporting test results.
3. If a test fails, file a bug report. You may propose the bug as a release blocker or freeze exception bug for the appropriate release - see blocker bug process and freeze exception bug process.
Some tests must be run against particular Products or images - for example, the #Default boot and install tests. If no particular product or image is specified either in this page or the test case page, you can use any appropriate image. For example, you can run most of the #General Tests with the Workstation live image, or either of the Server install images.
If you notice a problem during a test which does not constitute a complete failure of the test, you should still file a bug report, but it may not be appropriate to propose it as a release blocker bug. Use your judgment in deciding this, with reference to the Fedora_Release_Criteria, which these tests are intended to verify. If you are unsure, err on the side of proposing the bug as a blocker.
Don't install updates
Don't install updates before performing any of the tests, as when you are testing pre-releases, available updates are not part of the proposed released package set.
Results summary page
The Test Results:Fedora 26 Branched 20170420.n.0 Summary page contains the results from this page and all the other validation pages for the same compose listed together to provide an overview.
Add, Modify or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to the test mailing list and/or the appropriate working group mailing list (e.g. server, cloud, or desktop).
- Once reviewed, make your changes to any current documents that use the template (e.g. Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test).
- Lastly, update Template:Installation_test_matrix with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the result template.
Please click [show] in each table to view the tests of each media installation, and click  to post your test results using the syntax in Key Section.
- ↑ KDE live i386, size 1595932672, max 1400000000
- ↑ LXDE live i386, size 1052770304, max 734003200
- ↑ Mate live i386, size 1615855616, max 1500000000
- ↑ SoaS live i386, size 864026624, max 734003200
- ↑ KDE live x86_64, size 1472200704, max 1400000000
- ↑ LXDE live x86_64, size 963641344, max 734003200
- ↑ Mate live x86_64, size 1519386624, max 1500000000
- ↑ SoaS live x86_64, size 775946240, max 734003200
- ↑ Command doesn't give the desired output. Output: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from myrepo: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
- ↑ Given python script gives the folowing error: yum.Errors.NoMoreMirrorsRepoError: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from media: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Default boot and install (x86_64)
Single test table
In all of these tests, the test case used is QA:Testcase_Boot_default_install
. That is where the links point. The same test needs to be run for multiple images, target platforms, and install media. Note that the non-installer-based ARM disk images are covered by the later #ARM disk images
section. The VM
columns are for results from testing in a virtual machine. The CD/DVD
columns are for results from testing on a real system with the image written to a real CD or DVD. The USB
columns are for results from testing on a real system with the image written to a USB stick.
For Alpha and Beta, we expect a reasonable sampling of tests across the table, with at least some testing for VM and USB boot method, both firmware types, and each major class of deliverable (netinst, live and DVD). Optical boot testing is optional at this stage. For Final, we expect full coverage for Alpha / Final
rows with VM and USB boot method. Optical boot testing in Final is mandatory for supported images
Default boot and install (i386)
Below is the table for i386 tests, collapsed by default (click 'show' in the Milestone column to show it). Since Fedora 24, i386 is no longer a release-blocking architecture, and these tests are all optional.
Single test table
In all of these tests, the test case used is QA:Testcase_arm_image_deployment
. That is where the links point. The same test needs to be run for multiple images and target platforms.
- ↑ RHBZ #1445302
- ↑ Installation on empty disks works fine
Guided storage configuration
Guided storage shrinking
For this test, the column headings refer to the storage volume type to be shrunk, not the one chosen to replace it for the new installation.
Custom storage configuration
Internationalization and Localization