(→Storage device tests)
|Line 567:||Line 567:|
|Line 576:||Line 576:|
Revision as of 13:37, 6 October 2014
This page is intended to record installation validation testing test results for the Fedora 21 PPC milestone.
This is a first draft that keep all tests of original template to ease comparison of this specific ppc64/ppc64le (secondary architecture) results versus those of primary arch.
TODO: I still need to mark unsupported testcases with background grey lines.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Test Matrix Install
- 3 Test Matrix Server validation
- 4 Test Matrix Base validation
This page tracks test results against the Fedora 21 PPC build. Test results against other Fedora 21 milestones can be found at Category:Fedora_21_Test_Results. The explanation of test case priority is available in the release validation test plan.
What To Test
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- download the latest ISO images Alpha TC4. (link from -- ML email from pbrobinson)
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 21 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, general discussion ...
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to test list.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to this document
- Finally, update QA:Fedora_21_Install_Results_Template with the same changes.
Available workarounds for known problems in composes
- manually install crash
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
|Test Results Format|
|Test Result||Explanation||Code Entered|
|Untested - This test has not been run, and is available for anyone to contribute feedback.|
|Passed - The test has been run and the tester determine the test met the expected results|
|Inprogress - An inprogress result is often used for tests that take a long time to execute. Inprogress results should be temporary and change to pass, fail or warn.|
|Failed - Indicates a failed test. A link to a bug must be provided. See Template:Result for details on providing bug information.|
|||Warning - This test completed and met the expected results of the test, but other issues were encountered during testing that warrant attention.
|Multiple results - More people can easily provide results to a single test case.|
|Result from previous test run - This test result is directly moved from the test run of previous <build>.|
|Unsupported - An unsupported test or configuration. No testing is required.|
Test Matrix Install
Please click [show] in each table to view the tests of each media installation, and click  to post your test results using the syntax in Key Section.
|Image sanity tests|
- + ppc64le TC4 ok
- Architecture needs to be specified( repoclosure ... -a ppc64(le) ... )
- TC4 ppc64le failed (see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1148029)
- After avoiding zero division error in check script(in progress output) by ceiling variable milestone
- ppc64le TC4 ok
Default boot and install
In all of these tests, the test case used is QA:Testcase_Boot_default_install. That is where the links point. The same test needs to be run for multiple images and target platforms. Note that the non-installer-based ARM disk images are covered by the later #ARM disk images section.
|Default boot and install|
There is no need fo USB stick test matrix for ppc64/ppc64le architectures, So no tests related to QA:Fedora_21_Install_Results_Template#USB_stick
There is no need for ARM disk images' test matrix for ppc64/ppc64le architectures, So no tests related to QA:Fedora_21_Install_Results_Template#ARM_disk_images
|PXE boot tests|
Storage device tests
|Storage device tests|
Storage volume type tests
|Storage volume type tests|
For this test, the column headings refer to the storage volume type to be shrunk, not the one chosen to replace it for the new installation.
|Release Level||Test Case||LVM||ext4||NTFS||BTRFS|
- Using password protected VNC makes installation hang in the end, manual restart is needed, but installation is OK. Known issue, fix on the way(https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/anaconda-patches/2014-September/013080.html).
- Hang at the end with password protected VNC is still present with TC4.
- no ppc64le image found in https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-server-21&arch=ppc64le
- tested using ppc64le image found in http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-21&arch=ppc64le
- RHBZ #1101341
- As graphical mode is not available and alternative is not specified in provided ks file, installer will prompt.
Test Matrix Server validation
|Release Level||Test Case||ppc64 host||ppc64 KVM guest||ppc64 LPAR||ppc64le host||ppc64le KVM guest|
Test Matrix Base validation
|Release Level||Test Case||Workstation||Server||KDE||ARM||Cloud||References|